Summer is coming and we are all looking so much to it. This is the time, in which we start caring about how we feel and how we look.
People’s common mistakes
Many people are making the mistakes to undergo different restrictive diets, which is very wrong in my opinion. These diets are very restrictive and unhealthy. Do you know why? Because they are not personalised and tailored to the individual body needs. They are general and we already know that one size does not fit all. Some people feel great, however some of them really struggle following these diets. That is why the results are not always positive.
Some people with specific health issues may even worsen their symptoms and health. That is why Nutritional therapy and holistic functional medicine approach is very powerful. They do not target only the symptom but they look at the whole body and how it functions.
Few simple changes for weight loss
There are many ways in which people can balance their weight if they go for a nutrition consultation, however there are few simple safe changes that everyone can do to achieve great results. These are the following suggestions:
- Drink minimum of 8 glasses of water daily (add some fresh lemon juice if needed)
- Reduce carbohydrate intake like sugary foods, cakes, breads, etc and replace with naturally sweet foods like fruit and vegetables, or even nasty free protein bar (which is still good choice)
- Include protein at each meal. This will help with blood sugar balance and prevent blood glucose spikes and dips
- Plan your meals and be aware of your portion sizes – include more fiber foods like vegetables
- Walk 30 minutes to 1 hour (or more) every day
- Go to bed at 10pm the latest. This can reduce your stress levels as well.